New York, NY 10018
About Primary Stages
Founded in 1984, Primary Stages is an award-winning not-for-profit theater company dedicated to “inspiring, supporting, and sharing the art of playwriting.” Over the course of our history, we have produced over 130 new plays and commissioned 20 new works from a diverse range of emerging and established American playwrights. Recent noteworthy productions include PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Kate Hamill, THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO THOMAS JEFFERSON, CHARLES DICKENS AND COUNT LEO TOLSTOY: DISCORD by Scott Carter, DANIEL’S HUSBAND by Michael McKeever, FADE by Tanya Saracho, THE ROADS TO HOME by Horton Foote, EXIT STRATEGY by Ike Holter, Dan O’Brien’s THE BODY OF AN AMERICAN, Deborah Zoe Laufer’s INFORMED CONSENT, and Topher Payne’s PERFECT ARRANGEMENT, among others. In addition to our mainstage productions, we support playwrights and develop new works through commissions, readings and workshops, and programs such as The Dorothy Strelsin New American Writers Group, the Einhorn School of Performing Arts, and our MFA program with Fordham University. We are also proud to offer free arts education programs for New York City public school students. For more information, please visit wwww.primarystages.org.
Reporting to the Director of Development and the Manager of Individual Giving & Special Events, Primary Stages seeks a part-time Development Assistant to work 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Some evenings and weekends required. We are looking for someone who wants to make a long-term commitment to Primary Stages as this position will convert to a full-time position after July 1, 2018. Key responsibilities include:
· Helps coordinate special events such as Primary Partner appreciation nights, donor cultivation events, staff holiday party, cast events, etc.
· Leads Gala Silent Auction coordination and provides support for Spring Fling.
· Designs all event invitations.
· Provides lead support for Patron Hotline, books seats in OvationTix ticket reservation system, calls patrons to remind them about upcoming performance reservations, sends pre-show and post-show emails.
· Creates detailed research profiles in preparation for prospect and donor meetings and/or special events.
· Routinely researches new donors, subscribers, ticket-buyers and marks them for cultivation.
· Designs monthly Board, Primary Partner, and Corporate Advisory Board e-newsletters.
· With support from Development Intern(s), the Development Assistant manages gift processing, acknowledgement letters, etc.
· Manages Patron Manager database:
o Responsible for overseeing accurate gift entry, reporting, donor acknowledgements and contact info, invitation list management, etc.
o Generates weekly and monthly income reports to track department progress against fundraising goals.
o Reviews financial reconciliation reports on a bi-weekly basis and makes appropriate adjustments in consultation with Director of Development.
· Responsible for event/program mailings for individual and institutional donors and prospects
· Provides other administrative assistance as needed
· Bachelor’s degree
· A passion for the theater
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong skills in Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
· Ability to take initiative, be flexible and work well independently and with a team
· Some special event experience is desirable
· Experience with a fundraising database is a plus
· Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability, and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2017
To apply, please send your cover letter and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Development Assistant” in the email subject line.
Primary Stages is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity in accordance with local, city, state, and Federal law. Primary Stages does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, or differences in abilities unrelated to job performance. We encourage those from groups that are under-represented in the theater field to apply for this position.
January 8, 2018 -