New York Theatre Workshop
New York, NY 10003
Box Office Staffer
About New York Theatre Workshop:
We are one of the city’s leading not‐for‐profit Off‐Broadway theatre companies and we’re looking for additional box office staffers. For more than three decades, NYTW has provided a home to artists to hone their creative voice, a space for them to develop their projects and a platform to produce groundbreaking work. NYTW is renowned for a long list of acclaimed work including Jonathan Larson’s Rent; Enda Walsh’s Once; Rick Elice’s Peter and the Starcatcher; Tony Kushner’s Homebody/Kabul; Caryl Churchill’s Far Away, A Number and Love and Information; David Bowie and Enda Walsh’s Lazarus; and Anaïs Mitchell’s Hadestown. NYTW’s productions have received a Pulitzer Prize, 17 Tony Awards and assorted Obie, Drama Desk and Lucille Lortel Awards.The box office staff is the face of the organization, serving customers through phone and in-person sales and shaping the customer experience for everyone attending productions in its East Village theatre.
About the Team:
The box office staff is the friendly face of New York Theatre Workshop, serving customers through phone and in-person sales and shaping the customer experience for everyone attending productions in its East Village theatre.
About the Position:
· Processes ticket and membership orders for phone sales and in-person transactions at the box office window
· Provides basic support for customers purchasing online, resetting passwords, talking them through the buying process and taking over orders through the online portal for concierge assistance as needed
· Prepares tickets for each performance, managing pre-show box office pick up and maintaining a calm, friendly and organized pre-show experience for all customers
· Executes post-performance reports for the house manager and daily financial reports for NYTW’s finance team
· Maintains a working knowledge and interest in NYTW’s productions, memberships and special events
· You have outstanding patience, customer service and phone demeanor
· You work well under pressure, multitasking and demonstrating superb attention to detail
· You work independently and demonstrate confidence in problem-solving
· You communicate in a clear, professional manner
· You have a passion for theatre
· You have previous box office experience
These are part‐time positions requiring evening, weekend and holiday hours and a flexible schedule that allows you to work multiple shifts per week. NYTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NYTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work, on and offstage.
We encourage applicants with a unique cultural perspective inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression,
class, physical ability and sexual orientation.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title along with your first and last name in the subject line.
November 27, 2017 -