American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
Associate Director of Marketing
Status: Full Time / Regular / Exempt
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Salary: DOE + Benefits
American Conservatory Theater has an immediate opening for a passionate, organized marketing professional to join our dynamic Marketing Department. A key member of the department, the Associate Director of Marketing will create timelines and manage projects to ensure successful execution of all marketing campaigns, and will work closely with all members of the marketing team to maintain these timelines.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, s/he will also serve as the main contact for all marketing projects for other departments, including Development, Education, and Artistic, and will represent Marketing at inter-departmental campaign meetings. In addition, s/he will establish and maintain relationships with local organizations for audience development, outreach, and promotional purposes, and will assist the Director of Marketing in developing innovative single ticket and subscription marketing campaigns for all A.C.T. productions at both the historic Geary Theater and the new Strand Theater.
This position is an exceptional opportunity for an individual with expertise in managing multi-channel marketing campaigns and a passion for non-profit theater.
For A.C.T. Marketing Department initiatives, job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage the creation of all marketing projects for A.C.T., including those for the development, education, and artistic departments
· Establish and maintain relationships with external companies, arts organizations, local businesses, restaurants, hotels, tenant associations, etc. for the purpose of audience development, outreach, promotions, event sponsoring, and external targeted mailing lists
· Assist the Director of Marketing in establishing creative subscription and single ticket marketing campaigns
· Execute all marketing mailings by maintaining relationship and schedule with printer and mailhouse
· Create internal and external targeted mailing & email lists for single and subscription ticket campaigns
· Manage InterACT and audience engagement events & relationships
· Responsible for performance management of Marketing Associate and Marketing Fellow, providing training and development activities as well as regular feedback
· Handle general patron inquiries
Position requirements include:
· 3-5 years marketing/communications or project management experience, preferably in a non-profit or theater setting
· Experience with project management applications (knowledge of Asana is a plus)
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments
· Demonstrated ability to project manage complex campaigns and to coordinate with several staff members on achieving department’s overall goals
· Exemplary organization skills and attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· A great candidate is an outgoing, creative people-person who is able to work both independently and collaboratively with other staff members
· Some night and weekend work is required
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Please send cover letter, including salary requirements and resume, to email@example.com with Associate Director of Marketing Search in the subject line. Applications without salary requirements may not be considered.
Materials* may also be mailed to:
American Conservatory Theater
Associate Director of Marketing Search
Attn: Human Resources
30 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94108-5834
*Hard copy materials cannot be returned.
Deadline: Open until filled.